Wednesday, September 28, 2016

North to Alaska, Part II

Fun Nighttime Activities

My son Marlowe is a party animal so he enjoyed all the shows in the Queen’s lounge, featuring the Amsterdam Sings and Dancers, the ABBA favorites in the Crow’s Nest, as well as name that tune and was a hit at Karaoke several nights. I watched him woo the audience with his karaoke performances, then laughed at him line-dancing and just dancing to the music. I didn’t dance, but it inspired me to take a Zumba or line-dancing class back at home.

I don’t know what other shows Marlowe watched (I was so tired I went to bed early many nights), but I know there was various “Name that Tune” shows along with various performer’s music including that of Frank Sinatra, Groovy 60s singalong, Billy Joel and Elton John, Motown, Abba, Neil Diamond, and country western music, just to mention a few—although I doubt Marlowe watched the last. There were various comedians and a magician that he relished, I know, as well as a number of trivia games. The ship definitely kept us entertained.

Meeting People

I love to meet and talk to people and that was especially fun on the cruise. My daughter texted me that a friend of hers from when we lived in Italy was onboard the ship, and we located and talked to her. Mostly we met people at dinner.

Most of the dining room tables were for eight people, so we shared with different people each night, and it was so fun talking to people and making new friends. By the end of the voyage, I was having trouble keeping straight who was who and what night we had dinner with them. On a ship as large as ours, you would think you would never run into people again, but we kept doing so.
Beginning our Victoria Haunted Tour


My Favorite Things

I am asked what were my favorite parts of the cruise, and it is hard to decide which was best. I loved all the excursions, the food, and the entertainment (although Marlowe’s karaoke and dancing has to be in the top five most enjoyable activities). I think the most enjoyable was meeting interesting people, and of course my scrapbooking and culinary experiences.


If you get a chance to take a cruise to Alaska—DO IT! TODAY! It will be an adventure of a lifetime.

Victoria habor
The Hubbard Glacier
Bear looking up at us
Chunk of ice from glacier
Juneau from the tram

Marlowe & a moose face off,

The Mendenhall Glacier looks like a frozen river



Whale jumping out of the water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going Back in Time--Hawaii 2020, part 3

Wilder Road We got off the main highway on Kaumana Drive and turned onto Wilder Dr...